Six Excellent Reasons To Wear Compression Socks
The use of compression socks has increased over the years. Compression socks have plenty of uses and offer a lot of health benefits. At Fritzy Feet, we will be sharing with you an article that discusses different reasons why you should consider wearing compression socks on a regular basis. Read on below to learn six good reasons why this is something that you should seriously consider.
How Does Compression Therapy Work?
When you wear compression socks, the venous pressure becomes improved, which can go a long way in the prevention of the pooling of fluids in your legs, therefore, preventing the occurrence of swelling and decreasing fatigue and heaviness after a tiring day at work or school, sports, exercise or any activity.
Here Are Some of the Reasons to Wear Compression Socks
1. Prevent blood clots – When a person is bedridden or has undergone surgery, there is a significant chance for them to develop blood clots in the legs, which can prove to be fatal if it is not caught in time. In order to prevent the occurrence of blood clots, medical professionals often recommend the wearing of compression socks. Compression socks can help improve blood flow in the legs, which reduces the risk of getting blood clots.
2. Pregnant women – When a woman becomes pregnant, there is always the risk that she will develop varicose veins. If this happens, a doctor can recommend for her to wear compression socks during her pregnancy. Wearing compression socks can help improve blood flow and reduce the swelling, and, if this is recommended early enough, this can help prevent the occurrence of varicose veins or to stop existing ones from getting worse.
3. Medical problems
A. Deep Vein Thrombosis – Deep vein thrombosis occurs when a blood clot develops in a vein the leg or pelvis. It is quite painful and can often lead to serious complications, which include pulmonary embolism.
Pulmonary embolism is a dangerous and serious medical problem. This happens when a blood clot travels from the legs to the lungs. When an individual wears compression socks, these can help prevent deep vein thrombosis. If an individual is diagnosed with DVT, wearing compression socks can help relieve pain and prevent any further complications from happening. That is why it is advised by medical professionals to wear compression socks while traveling as long periods of sitting inside the car or in an airplane can make a person more susceptible to deep vein thrombosis.
B. Leg Swelling – Leg Swelling or edema often occurs and can be caused by various medical reasons. Some examples are: when an individual has heart failure, kidney disease, or when a woman is pregnant so her body retains more fluids in the process. When an individual retains more fluids in his or her body, there is a high tendency for the fluids to pool in the legs. Wearing compression socks can help reduce these symptoms and even alleviate pain.
C. Post Thrombotic Syndrome – Post Thrombotic Syndrome is one of the complications of Deep Vein Thrombosis. It is a painful and uncomfortable feeling in the arm or leg after an individual develops DVT. If you experience this, compression socks can help provide relief from pain and can significantly help you perform daily activities with ease.
D. Varicose Veins – The development of varicose veins is a common condition that occurs when there are weak or damaged vein walls or valves. These are commonly seen in the lower extremities. Most studies show that wearing compression socks can help prevent the swelling and help improve blood flow.
4. Athletes – Athletes who regularly join competitions can benefit from using compression socks. Wearing compression socks can help improve performance and prevent injuries when running, or when carrying out intensive physical activity during sporting events. Studies have shown that athletes who wear compression socks experience less muscle soreness and have a faster recovery rate compared to those who don’t wear compression socks.
5. Standing for a long time – When you need to stand for a long time while at work, you will need to use compression socks. Standing in just one position can affect the blood flow in your legs. When you wear compression socks you can prevent your legs from feeling heavy and less fatigued, which can help you experience more energy after your shift is done. Retail employees, hospital staff, and trade workers are some of the workers that will benefit when they are advised to wear compression socks during work.
6. Sitting all day at work – If your work requires you to stay at your desk all day, there is a high possibility for the blood and other fluids to pool in your lower legs. You need to wear compression socks for the calf muscle to continue pumping and apply pressure to the veins in your lower extremities so that the blood will not pool in your legs and it will flow properly back to the heart.
Do you need compression socks? If you live in areas near Denver Colorado, Fritzy Feet is worth checking out. We carry the best supportive and comfortable footwear, compression socks, diabetic soles, etc. We have been in the shoe industry since 2004. We have professional staff and certified pedorthists that can assist and help any client that needs modified footwear.
If you want to know more about our company or if you have any questions about the products and services that we offer, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can call us at 303-343-4444, or you can write us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are located at 2243 S Monaco Parkway, Suite 110, Denver, Colorado 80222. What are you waiting for? Contact us as soon as possible for all of your supportive footwear needs!